Grosvenor Park United seeks a new Choir Director
Grosvenor Park United Church is seeking a Choir Director for Sunday worship services beginning September 1, 2018. For general inquiries, including remuneration details, and application instructions, please email Diane Phillips, Chair of the GPUC Ministry and Personnel Committee.
NEW application deadline: Tuesday, July 31, 2018.
RENEWABLE CONTRACT: September 1, 2018 to May 31, 2019 (We prefer a multi-year relationship with the successful candidate. During the first year there'll be a probation period of four months.)
- Select and prepare to teach appropriate choral music to our choir
- Plan and conduct one, one-hour rehearsal each week
- Maintain an active choir with at least two choral works for at least two Sunday morning services each month
- Collaborate with a Worship Team consisting of the Director of Music, the Minister and the Audio-Visual System Operators
- Have an understanding of the theology of The United Church of Canada, Affirming Ministry, and the Vision and Mission of Grosvenor Park United Church
THE CHOIR DIRECTOR AND OUR CONGREGATION:
The Choir Director is viewed by the congregation as an integral part of helping us commit to and live out our ministry as described in our eight over-arching goals:
- Everyone belongs.
- We know one another.
- Worship is at the heart of what we do.
- We are life-long learners.
- We want to be here for a long time.
- We are in service to the world.
- We work together effectively.
- We know who we are, why we’re here, and project it beyond our walls.